Last updated on April 5th, 2021
Zing is a tool for you to use with your own data. We don't keep your data for any purpose aside from providing you with a fast, efficient, beautiful way to ask questions and collaborate with colleagues. We may temporarily cache results for performance optimizations (make the service faster for you) or to debug issues with our services.
Categories of Personal Information Collected
Zing collects personal information to provide our service to you. This personal information is collected through a variety of ways. You provide some information directly to us; we receive some information when you visit our website or use our products and services; and we receive some information from third parties (such as Google or Apple when you download our app). The types of information can include:
Contact information. Name, employer, title, email address, physical address, phone number, and similar contact info, user names and passwords.
Payment and financial information. Credit card number, banking information and billing address if provided as part of a paid plan.
Usage, inferred and derived information. Data such as how you use our products and services, account information, logins, passwords, support queries, and purchase history.
Website and app data. When you visit our website or use our app, we may collect online and technical information from your computer or mobile device, such as browser; Internet Protocol (IP) address and geographic areas derived from your IP address; api calls; attempted logins, access logs and metadata.
Product-related data. When you use Zing, we collect technical information about your computer or mobile device (such as device type, operating system type and version, and identifiers that help us recognize your device and validate that you are an authenticated user), and details about which of our products and product versions you are using. We also collect data about specific features within our products and services that you use, such as the types of data sources you query, the types of visualizations you build, the number of steps in a flow, the queries you submit (including natural language queries), hardware information, and conversations you contribute to.
We may use information we have collected about you and use it for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, and we may deliver targeted marketing and product information back to you based on this data.
Third party data. If you connect with third party logins (such as Google Single Sign On or Okta), we may receive information about your accounts, for example, your name, user name or display name, public profile, and email address. We may combine information you provide with data we collect automatically and with data we receive from third parties.
If you decline to provide your personal information or ask us to delete it, we may be unable to continue to provide or support our products or services.
How We Use Personal Information
We use the personal information as described in this Privacy Statement. For example, we will use your information to:
- Provide and deliver products or services, including software updates;
- Operate and improve our operations, systems, products, and services;
- Understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Provide service and support, such as sending confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and administrative messages and providing customer support and troubleshooting;
- Communicate with you about product and marketing news;
- Link or combine information about you with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better and more personalized service;
- Enforce our terms and conditions or protect our business, partners, or users;
- Protect against, investigate, and deter fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity; and
- Keep our products, facilities, and services secure.
Reasons for Using Your Information
When we process your personal information we will only do so where at least one of the following applies:
- We need to use your personal information to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you and to provide you with tools and services.
- You have given consent to use your personal information. You may withdraw consent by opting out where we give you the opportunity to do so, or by contacting us using the contact details below.
- If it is necessary for us to use your personal information in order to comply with a legal obligation.
- You have chosen to make the information public.
Sharing of Personal Information
We work to keep your information confidential. In some circumstances we may share your information with third parties, for example:
- We may share your personal information when we have your permission, such as a quote or testimonial from you which you have approved.
- We provide personal information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with us to provide us with services. For example, a web hosting service we may use would have access to data (even though we make every effort to encrypt and protect it).
- If you connect to your third party accounts through our products, we will use that information to authenticate you, enumerate the data sources available to you, download any data you request us to, and download and refresh authentication tokens or persist authentication information such as user names and passwords as necessary to continue to connect to these data;
- We may share your contact and transactional information with our current or future affiliates, which may include parent and subsidiary companies, joint ventures, or other companies under common control, in which case we will require our affiliates to honor this Privacy Statement;
- We will disclose your personal information to comply with legal requirements, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena. We also may disclose your personal information in response to a law enforcement agency's request, or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, verify, prevent, enforce compliance with, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; suspected fraud; situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person; protection of the rights and property of Zing, our agents, customers, or others; violations or suspected violations of our agreements and policies; or as otherwise required or permitted by law or consistent with legal requirements;
- We transfer or disclose your personal information for corporate reasons. For example, to third parties in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy or similar transaction. We may also share personal information with our auditors, attorneys or other advisors in the connection with corporate functions; and
- Finally, we also share aggregated, anonymized or statistical information about you, including demographics data, with others for a variety of purposes, for example, for improving products and services for Zing and others.
- We may facilitate third party services or ways to share data through third parties, including social media platforms, websites, applications, and services through plug-ins, integrations, buttons, and other third party features on and connected with our websites, communications or products. You can control if you wish to use these or not.
Storage and Security of Your Personal Information
We work to secure your information through encryption, physical security, passwords, and penetration testing. That said, no company can perfectly guarantee perfect security in all instances.
To help protect yourself, use a strong password, do not use the same passwords to access your Zing accounts that you use with other accounts or services, and protect your user names and passwords to help prevent others from accessing your accounts and services.
Information collected by Zing or on our behalf may be stored on your computers, on your mobile devices, or on our servers, and may be transferred to, accessed from, or stored and processed in, the United States and other countries where we or do business.
In certain circumstances we may retain your personal information after you have closed your account. For example:
- We may retain your personal information after you have closed your account so that we can send you information about products, services and publications we think you may be interested in. You can "unsubscribe" from receiving such messages or tell us you are no longer interested;
- We may retain your personal information in order to protect our legal rights, or those of third parties, or to comply with the law;
- We may retain personal information about how you have used our products and services in order to improve and develop our business;
- If you purchase products or services from us, we may retain your personal information for as long as we need to in order to provide you with customer service, or for compliance purposes, for example, in order to comply with our record keeping requirements;
- We may also use and share aggregated, non-personally identifiable data for research, external training and marketing purposes.
Controlling your Personal Information
Our marketing emails permit you to opt-out of receiving further marketing emails. You may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time to let us know that you no longer wish to receive marketing emails. If you opt out but are a current user, we will still send you transactional emails when you create an account, reset your password, when we suspect unauthorized activity and other information.
You have certain rights in your personal information, subject to local data protection laws. If you are based in the European Union or the UK, then you may have the right to ask us to:
- Confirm whether or not personal information about you is being processed;
- Provide you with details about how we process your personal information;
- Consider your valid objection to the processing of your personal information (including the right to object to processing on grounds relating to your particular situation where we are relying on our legitimate interests as a legal basis for processing your personal information);
- Correct or delete personal information which we hold about you;
- Restrict our processing of your personal information;
- Consider your valid request to transfer your personal information to a third party provider of services (data portability); and
- Ask us to treat your consent as withdrawn if you have previously provided us with consent to process your personal information and we rely on it as our legal basis for processing.
If you live in California, you have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
- The right to notice about our collection and processing of your personal information;
- The right to request specific pieces of your personal information that we process;
- The right to opt out of having us sell your personal information;
- The right to receive equal services and prices regardless of whether you exercise any of your other rights.
Some personal information may be exempt from such requests in certain circumstances, which may include circumstances where we need to keep processing your personal information for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation. We must confirm your identity before providing you with any personal information or deleting any personal information.
We may partner with third parties, including analytics companies, advertisers, and ad networks, who may place cookies on your browser when you visit our websites, may send their own cookies to your cookie file, and may use those cookies to track and collect information about you and your online activities over time and across different websites, devices, and applications and to provide targeted advertising based on your interests and previous browsing history. Third party ad networks may automatically collect information about your visits to our websites and other websites, such as your IP address, your Internet service provider, and the browser you use to visit our websites. You can learn more about practices of many of these third parties by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance (http://www.aboutads.info/choices) in the USA, Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada (http://youradchoices.ca) in Canada or the European Digital Advertising Alliance (http://www.youronlinechoices.eu) in Europe.
How to Contact Us
Visit the contact page on our website.